Occupational Therapy, Community Services
1.0 FTE Maternity Leave Position (August 28, 2017 – June 29, 2018)
Providence is a vibrant, not-for-profit organization with a long and established history of providing therapeutic and educational supports to young children with a variety of developmental conditions. You will have the opportunity to enhance the health and development of children and their families.
- An exciting opportunity as an Occupational Therapist to work collaboratively with other professionals including physiotherapists, speech-language pathologists, teachers, therapeutic teaching assistants and child care professionals in community settings.
- Opportunity to work with a highly diverse pediatric population in a variety of settings.
- Opportunities for professional development and ongoing learning.
- Competitive salary range.
The ideal candidate:
- You are engaging and have a passion for working with young children, demonstrated through your experience with the pediatric population.
- You are adaptable and able to navigate your way through a busy and fast paced day with enthusiasm, problem solving skills and humour.
- You are flexible, curious, creative and able to travel between multiple sites.
- Assessment and treatment of children between the ages of 1 and 6 years of age.
- Consultation to family and other professionals.
- Working at multiple locations.
- Working directly with children in a variety of settings.
- Master’s degree in Occupational Therapy.
- Member in good standing of Alberta College of Occupational Therapists (ACOT).
- Experience working with a pediatric population as an Occupational Therapist.
Please submit your resume via email to the attention of Diane Pan-Human Resources Supervisor.
Learn more about us at: www.providencechildren.com