Pacekids Programs – Calgary, AB
Full-time Occupational Therapist – Pacekids Programs is looking for a full-time Occupational Therapist based out of the North Pacekids Location (808 55th Ave NE), working within families’ homes in the Calgary area. The position is 37.5 hours a week, requires availability on weeknight evenings until 6:00pm and would commence ASAP.
Pacekids Programs offers a variety of programs to children in the Calgary area, including our Early Childhood Services (ECS) Preschool and Kindergarten programs funded by Alberta Learning, and our Specialized Services program funded through Family Supports for Children with Disabilities (FSCD). We are currently seeking an energetic and dynamic individual to join our team as an Occupational Therapist who would be involved in the home-based FSCD programs.
The successful candidate will work on an interdisciplinary team and will be responsible for the planning and implementation of occupational therapy programming that meets the unique needs of the children and families with whom they work.
· Coaching and consulting with families’ in the home setting and providing appropriate strategies and recommendations for a child’s programming
· Conducting screenings and assessments of preschool and school-aged children using formal and informal assessments
· Developing functional, multidisciplinary Individual Service Plan (ISP) goals that promote parent education and empowerment
· Monitoring and updating program plans and participating in meetings with the interdisciplinary team and families
· Collaborating with families, interdisciplinary team members, teachers and Child Development Assistants to target goals in a variety of settings
· Providing regular assessment and treatment update reports
· Providing education and training to Pacekids’ staff and Child Development Assistants
· A Degree/Master (or equivalent) in Occupational Therapy
· Registered member, in good standing, with the Alberta College of Occupational Therapists (ACOT)
· Experience working with preschool and school-aged children
· Current Alberta driver’s license. Must have access to a full-time personal vehicle. The successful candidate will be compensated for mileage.
· Clearance from a criminal record check, including a vulnerable sector check. Must be current within the last six months.
· Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal
· Demonstrated ability to work independently, with an emphasis on self-initiative, patience, maturity and tact
· Demonstrated ability to communicate and liaise with families and other professionals in fostering a team atmosphere
· Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with clients, families and staff
· Flexibility is essential given the variety of children’s abilities, family needs and conditions
We are looking to fill this position immediately. Please direct your resume and cover letter to: Rini Penner, Supervisor, Specialized Services at, .
Pacekids Programs understands the importance of the right person for the right job, and appreciates a diverse workforce. Pacekids Programs encourages all candidates with the required qualifications to apply for this position, and is committed to working collaboratively on determining appropriate accommodations.