CEF – Occupational Therapist
CLOSING DATE: When suitable candidate found
START DATE: As early as September 6th, 2016
Overview of Program:
Cause and Effect Foundation is an Early Intervention Service Agency for children with special needs ages six month to six years. Since 1994, Cause and Effect (CE) has served children and their families in Calgary and surrounding areas. CEF provides tailored programming to each and every child. Services are offered within a varied of natural learning environments which may include preschool, community, and/or in-home settings. Our team of parents, therapists/teachers, Child Development Facilitators (CDFs/aides) and administrators work collaboratively to assist children in achieving maximum development and independence. Our motto is: "play with a purpose!"
Overview of the Position:
Occupational Therapists (OTs) with the Cause and Effect Foundation (CEF) program team are responsible for assessing, overseeing, planning, guiding, and evaluating each child’s occupational therapy needs and programming within a PUF (educationally-oriented) or FSCD (family oriented) context. CEF OTs work collaboratively with the relevant members of the CEF team (CDF/aide, PT/Ed Consultant/SLP/TLL/Behavior Strategist/Administration), as well as with community preschool teachers and families to ensure the child’s developmental needs are being addressed.
Occupational Therapy at CEF:
Cause and Effect values the unique perspective that OTs bring to the child’s program. As a result, CEF OTs provide direct, individualized, and hands-on intervention for the children within CEF programming. OTs are supported in the administrative duties relating to child programming by a Team Liaison Leader (TLL). This support includes assistance with report consolidation as well as with team organization and scheduling for programming and IPPs.
Roles and Responsibilities:
A list of roles and responsibilities is available in detail on the official CEF Job Description. This can be made available, by request, to Michelle Kelly, Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 403-523-0150.
Requirements and Qualifications
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in early intervention, or equivalent
· Thorough and educated understanding of child development and experience with assisting children with varied learning profiles
· Own a vehicle and be willing to travel to and from community sites.
· Demonstrate comfortable working independently supported by a mentor and collaborative team.
· Valid OT certification
· Minimum of Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
· Passion for children and ability to play
· Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively in a team setting
· Appreciate the importance of natural learning environments for children and comfortable working in community settings
· Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
· Ability to exercise good judgment, show initiative and be proactive
· High standards of ethics and confidentiality to handle sensitive information
· Available upon request.
· To apply, please send your resume along with cover letter to Michelle Kelly, Director of Human Resources, at email@example.com, or by phone at 403-523-0150.