Job Title: Manager of Clinical Services
Status: Full-time, Permanent
Closing Date: Not applicable, position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found
Kids Uncomplicated is a dynamic organization that delivers services to children with developmental needs and provides support to their families. We offer a work environment that fosters independent thinking in a collaborative team environment, accessible supervision and mentoring, flexible work hours, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits. We are currently seeking qualified candidates to apply for the position of Manager of Clinical Services. The applicants for this position can be Registered Occupational Therapists, Registered Speech Language Pathologists, or Registered/ Provisional Psychologists.
At Kids Uncomplicated, we strongly believe in the use of innovative and advanced technologies making tele practice an integral part of every client’s program. Our unique approach to tele practice incorporates the use of TELEROO™ Tech Tools. TELEROO™ Tech Tools are proprietary platforms and processes that involve the application of everyday accessible technology to assist parents and team members to capture natural interactions as well as facilitate consultations with just one touch of a button. These tools provide many benefits and are a contributing factor to the success of our programs. For more information about the services that Kids Uncomplicated offers visit www.theuncomplicatedfamily.com
Job Responsibilities: Our registered Provisional Psychologist, Occupational Therapist, or Speech Language Pathologist will be a dynamic and energetic individual who enjoys working in a team environment with families, children, and peers alike. This individual will oversee and plan client programs, provide leadership and direction to our Specialized Services family support and clinical teams, and facilitate client programming with government funders. Manager of Clinical Services' job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Conducting assessments as needed;
· Doing intakes with new families;
· Developing and approving program plans, program goals, program evaluations, and various reports (including Individualized Service Plans);
· Overseeing and providing training and mentor-ship to staff;
· Participating and leading internal and external meetings;
· Advising on client data collection;
· Having difficult conversations with staff and families;
· Responding in a timely manner to families and team members;
· Writing/developing program plans based on family priorities for learning;
· Collaborating within a multi-disciplinary team.
Travel to client meetings in rural areas within Alberta may also be required. Mileage is reimbursed by Kids Uncomplicated.
Minimum Job Requirements:
· Master’s degree in Psychology, Occupational Therapy, Speech Language Therapy or equivalent from accredited University program;
- Good standing registration with the Alberta College of Occupational Therapists (ACOT),or Alberta College of Speech Language Pathologists and Audiologists (ACSLPA), or Psychologists Associations of Alberta (PAA);
· Minimum five years of related experience;
· Minimum of three years of management experience;
· Previous experience working with children with special needs is preferred;
· Proof of current professional liability insurance;
· Valid driver’s license and reliable mode of transportation required;
· Satisfactory criminal record check including vulnerability search;
· Satisfactory intervention record check;
· Ability to work flexible hours if needed.
Other skills and job requirements:
· Aptitude for technology;
· Developed time management and organization skills;
· Ability to problem solve and think critically;
· Strong English in both spoken and written form;
· Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate and articulate information to families and staff;
· Promote a culture of forward-thinking innovation and continuous learning;
· Maintains a high level of professionalism at all times.
Regular Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week; flexibility to scale hours as needed
Compensation: Competitive and will be discussed during the interview process
If you are interested in this rewarding and exciting opportunity, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest.