Job Title: Occupational Therapist
Status: .8FTE (30 hours per week)
Location: Calgary, AB
Closing Date: Not applicable, the position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found
Kids Uncomplicated Inc. is a dynamic organization that delivers services to children with developmental needs and provides support to their families. We offer a work environment that fosters independent thinking in a collaborative team environment, accessible supervision and mentoring, flexible work hours, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits. We are currently seeking qualified candidates to apply for the position of Occupational Therapist.
At Kids Uncomplicated, we strongly believe in the use of innovative and advanced technologies making telepractice an integral part of every client’s program. Our unique approach to telepractice incorporates the use of TELEROOTM Tech Tools. TELEROO™ Tech Tools are proprietary platforms and processes that involve the application of everyday accessible technology to assist parents and team members to capture natural interactions as well as facilitate consultations with just one touch of a button. These tools provide many benefits and are a contributing factor to the success of our programs.
For more information about the services that Kids Uncomplicated offers visit www.theuncomplicatedfamily.com
Our Occupational Therapist (OT) will be a dynamic and energetic individual who is able to work independently as well as in a team environment with families, children, and peers alike. The OT role is a critical component of our clinical team and areas of service include a wide range of delays and disorders in fine motor, gross motor, sensory, behaviour, self-help, adaptive, socialization/play skills, behaviour, and feeding/swallowing. This role reports directly to our Manager of Clinical Services.OT job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Providing assessments and consultation services to families and their children;
· Liaising closely with parents, external team members, and internal team members;
· Learning and incorporating the use of TelerooTM Tech Tools through telepractice applications in client programs;
· Writing and presenting consultation notes and reports for internal and external use;
· Participating in program development;
· Responding in a timely fashion to families and team members;
· Collaborating within a multi-disciplinary team.
Travel to client meetings within Calgary and Area is required. Travel to client meetings in rural areas within Alberta may also be required. Mileage is reimbursed by Kids Uncomplicated Inc.
Minimum Job Requirements:
· Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy or equivalent from an accredited University program;
· Minimum one year of related experience is preferred;
· Good standing registration with the Alberta College of Occupational Therapists (ACOT);
· Proof of current professional liability insurance;
· Valid driver’s license and reliable mode of transportation required;
· Satisfactory criminal record check including vulnerability search;
· Satisfactory intervention record check;
· Ability to work flexible hours if needed.
Other skills and job requirements:
· Aptitude for technology;
· Developed time management and organization skills;
· Ability to problem solve and think critically;
· Strong English in both spoken and written form;
· Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate and articulate information to families and staff;
· Promote a culture of forward-thinking innovation and continuous learning;
· Maintains a high level of professionalism at all times.
Position Type: .8FTE ( 30 hours per week)
Hours of work: flexibility to scale hours as needed
Start Date: Can be negotiated
Compensation: Competitive and will be discussed during the interview process; a relocation incentive may also be negotiated at the time of offer.
If you are interested in this rewarding and exciting opportunity, please respond to this ad with your cover letter and resume at email@example.com. This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found and only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.