Children's Autism Services of Edmonton
Children's Autism Services of Edmonton, is seeking a full-time Occupational Therapist (OT) for our dynamic and growing organization. We provide family centered, activity-based to meet the needs of families and children who have autism and other developmental disorders.
Join our team of enthusiastic and committed professionals to make a difference in the lives of children and families. At Children’s Autism Services of Edmonton you will enjoy working with a strong team of colleagues who are leaders in the field of autism. We offer a supportive working environment, flexible work schedule, opportunities for professional development and mentoring, and an excellent benefit package.
· Deliver occupational therapy services to children with autism or other developmental needs.
- Work co-operatively with the transdisciplinary team to deliver OT services in a timely and effective manner
- Consult to parents in the home, centre or community setting
- Develop goals based on family needs and priorities.
- Provide strategies, coach and support the child’s parents/caregivers to enhance the child’s functional abilities and develop parent capacity.
- Provide consultation to teachers in pre-school and kindergarten programs.
- Assess needs through discussion with caregivers and a combination of observation, standardized assessment, functional assessment as required.
- Plan and evaluate child’s progress and goals on an ongoing basis
- Maintain client files and provide required documentation
- Opportunities to develop and lead groups
- Participate in program and resource development
· Passion and commitment for working with children and their families
· Registration with Alberta College of Occupational Therapists (ACOT)
· Own vehicle required and able to drive within the Edmonton region
· Ability to work flexible hours
· Excellent communication and organizational skills
· Preference will be given to applicants with 2 or more years experience including:
- Knowledge and experience working with children with autism and related disorders
- Knowledge and experience working with children who have sensory based needs
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com .