Wetaskiwin Regional Public Schools has an opening for a continuing .5 FTE Occupational Therapist. There is a good possibility there will be an increase in FTE within the year. This position is responsible for providing assessments, consultations, screening, program planning and therapeutic interventions for students with severe delays and disabilities at our Early Education & Family Wellness Centre in Wetaskiwin and to the Kindergarten students in the school district. This position commences .
Preference will be given to the candidate with the following qualifications:
- Two years pediatric experience
- Passion and commitment for working with children
- Registration with Alberta College of Occupational Therapists (ACOT)
- Superior skills in diagnosis and program intervention
- Develop and implement therapy goals
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written in dealing with parents, children and teachers
- The ability to work cooperatively in a multidisciplinary team
- Own vehicle required to drive to sites within WRPS’s school division
This position works for 10 months of the year and comes with full benefits and a pension plan. Please see the district website www.wrps.ab.ca for more details.