Pediatric Occupational Therapist 0.8-1.0 FTE
To the Stars Occupational Therapy & Wellness Centre is a progressive, growing company located in the beautiful city of Lacombe, Alberta. We provide services to children and families through private, home and school based programming. Weoffer a wide variety of wellness programs for children and youth that include yoga, art, music, social skills and relaxation through inclusive group programs. Our family coaching programs allow for meaningful connections with families that create lasting change.
We are looking for the right person to expand our incredible occupational therapy team. We are looking for an energetic, creative and passionate therapist that is wanting to be a part of something special. This person must be well organized, have excellent interpersonal skills and have experience working with children with differing abilities. Experience and training in mental health, wellness and sensory processing would be a definite asset.
This position would offer:
- A strong and experienced team of occupational therapists to collaborate with
- Competitive wages
- Extended health care and benefits
- Professional development support
- A strong working relationship with other private and publicly funded programs in our area
- Some flexibility in your work schedule
- The ability to take your practice to the next level by facilitating groups and offering workshops to schools and parents. We encourage creative and forward thinking, you may have our next great idea.
- Assessment and occupational therapy consultation within prekindergarten and kindergarten classrooms
- Provision of occupational therapy services through FSCD as part of a specialized services team
- Travel to schools and homes within Central Alberta
- Planning and facilitation of inclusive children’s wellness programs
- Documentation and maintenance of client care records and statistics
- Degree in Occupational Therapy (Bachelors or Masters)
- Registered and in good standing with the Alberta College of Occupational Therapists
- Access to vehicle and valid driver’s license
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication
- Pediatric experience (minimum one year)
- Ability to work some evenings or occasional weekends
This position will officially commence in September 2016, if the right candidate is found summer work may be available. Closing date for applications May 25, 2016.
Please direct your resume and cover letter to:
#3 5623 Wolf Creek Drive,
Lacombe AB T4L 0A5