ECS Occupational Therapist
Greater St. Albert Catholic School Division
(Morinville, Legal and St. Albert)
Full time - 35 hours per week (part time may be considered)
An Occupational Therapist is required to work with children at the ECS, both at the Preschool and Kindergarten level. The successful candidate will work as a member of a trans-disciplinary team to support and provide service to children aged 2-1/2 to 5 -1/2 years of age.
Duties Commence: Immediately, Competition closes .
Qualifications & Duties:
- Committed to being a model and witness to Christ-centered education values and beliefs.
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Occupational Therapy and registered member of ACOT
- Responsible for assessment and I.P.P. development in motor, self-care and sensory and/or social-emotional regulation areas.
- Responsible for planning classroom and group activities to work on IPP goals.
- Work with children and families in their homes or at school, carrying out family-oriented visits.
- Collaborate with team re: children’s skills and strategies.
- Experience working with young children with diverse needs
- High energy level and ability to lift, move and physically support children in play
- Strong philosophy of learning through play for young children.
- Excellent organizational skills, written and verbal reporting skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with team members.
- Familiar with a variety of technology and equipment supports to assist learning (e.g. Boardmaker software).
- Experience with positive behavior supports for young children.
- Ability to provide own transportation to a variety of school locations.
As part of our application process, all applicants are required to complete a Support Insight Assessment. This is located online here. If you have already completed the SupportInsight assessment, it is not necessary to do so again however your application is considered incomplete without this information. Once you have accessed the website, on the left side of the screen, under First Time Applicants, click on the 'Register' button. Enter District Code 20659856. For more information on this assessment, go here.
For more information on this position please contact:
Kate Yelle Watt
Early Learning Consultant
Phone: (780) 459-7734
Note: Although all applications are appreciated, only candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted.