Occupational Therapist (Part-time/Contract position available)
We are currently seeking an Occupational Therapist with experience in pediatrics to join our team.
Qualifications and Experience
- Graduate of an accredited Canadian occupational therapy program and /or successful completion of Canadian O.T. certification exam process
- Licensed to practice under the Alberta College of Occupational Therapists (ACOT)
- Minimum one (1) year clinical experience.
- Experience with sensory integration, motor development, self-care skills and normal development as well as working with children in the areas of Autism Spectrum Disorder, will be an asset
- Work with clients and their families to set OT goals which are occupation focused and have targeted, measurable outcomes
- Provide direct service, consultation, mediation and education to client, family and community providers with a focus on maximizing a child's function in the areas of self-care; productivity (school and play skills) and leisure (community participation)
- Utilize research to establish and support evidence-based practice
- Provision of in-school consultations to parents and/or teachers as and when needed
- We have part time and contract positions available
- Flexible work schedules (daytime/evenings and/or weekends) available with additional options of completing the administrative part of the work (e.g. report writing etc.) from a home office
Interested applicants, please email your application and CV (including your expected remuneration) to firstname.lastname@example.org . We thank all applicants, however, only those shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. This posting is open until filled.
Our contact details:
From Play to Words
27 Governor Place
Spruce Grove, AB T7X0M2